Job Code: VPN
Location: Western Region
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
- Directs/executes approved strategy decisions and contributes to strategy creation for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides strategic leadership and direction to continually improve the capability and results for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs, establishes and implements priorities, performance goals and objectives to ensure departmental results for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs and evaluates departmental performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs strategic process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Builds organizational capability within his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) or responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Ensures the effective implementation, integration, and execution of recruitment strategic plan initiatives in alignment with Marketing, Finance, Compliance and other key departments.
- Leads the division’s accomplishment of sales goals as well as financial planner selection goals through the mobilization of internal and external resources to facilitate the acquisition of new planners and financial planning firms to join the LFN network
- Establishes standards for recruitment and acquisition of talent to significantly grow the number of financial planners.
- Works with sales leaders and key stake holders in various channels to fulfill recruiting objectives.
- Directs, develops and maintains relationships with 3rd party financial services recruiting firms.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends in recruitment strategies in the acquisition of talent to build organizational capabilities that will meet current and future business needs.
- Understand competitive landscape, analyze competitors’ strengths in the sophisticated planning tools, investment products and support processes, and develop tactical plan for deliverables.
- Ensures the identification of prospective advisers with good reward/risk ratios for profitability to minimize risk to enterprise and its groups.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Direct Resources Managed. 6-20
- Indirect Resources Managed 1-10
- 12+ years of progressive experience in private client services, insurance or investments, with a combination of financial advisory, branch manager, broker/dealer, recruiting and leadership experience on a national level
- 3+ years of senior management and strategy experience with proven performance record.
- Series 7 & 24
Important skill sets
- Demonstrated ability to create a strategic acquisition vision/plan, implement the plan and drive results
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategic initiatives and plans which have benefited a company’s top and bottom lines
- Ability to create and effectively manage administrative budgets and develop business performance measures to evaluate productivity
- Demonstrated ability to manage large projects and ensure there is a clear line of communication through the organization
- Experienced in the design and implementation of a recruitment plan, which capitalizes on the existing strengths of the organization, maximizes market opportunities, minimizes threats to success and creates scenarios for competitive advantages
- Working knowledge of Life, disability insurance, mutual funds and asset accumulation products
- Demonstrated ability to analyze business trends to identify opportunities for change in current processes and procedures.